FLAT PANEL PHOTOBIOREACTOR (FP-PBR)
- This closed photobioreactors offer a solution to improve contamination control and achieve higher volumetric productivities.
- Within closed systems, the most versatile and economic system for the cultivation of microalgae is the flat panel PBR constituted by a disposable transparent LDPE film enclosed within a metal frame.
- Lower capital investment (compared to other closed systems)
- Easiness of operation possible to produce different microalgae (robust and fragile strains)
- Flexibility and the capacity to be scaled-up
- No civil construction required aside from a levelled and compacted site
GLASS PANEL PHOTOBIORECTOR (GP-PBR)
- A4F’s has developed a special GP-PBR design indicated for very delicate species, where a sterilization process and a complete sealed system is required; this GP is made of glass and high grade stainless steel.
- This closed photobioreactor offers a complete solution to contamination control and achieve higher volumetric productivities.
- Indicated for GMO species production and species highly sensitive to other organisms.
- Ability to significantly reduce the exposure to other contaminant organisms trough its sealed configuration
- Ability to sterilize the materials contacting the culture
- Ability to produce high sensitive species with a higher performance
- Easiness of operation and the capacity to be scaled-up